Very different from my usual behavior I dint pack my stuff for Calcutta visit yet(Normally I do my packing 2 – 3 days before my travel), as I was not at all happy to go there. But finally I packed my stuff and started for the airport with my sister. Well it’s not that I throw attitude at people or I am lofty, it is just I don’t mix up easily with the crowd, it takes time. Same happened with me on the way to Calcutta. Got to know people, especially girls of our batch. Isn’t it strange, we guys were in same center from last one year but we never interacted :D. Now when we got the time, even then I was the last to interact.
Guys would always be guys, as usual busy with air hostesses, “Can I get a glass of water Mam ;) , one more please, and so on…”

Finally we landed…Ahhh it was a bad humid weather. One can easily feel the humid in the air. But the irritation was not strong enough to overcome the feeling of stepping in a strange city.
Now I was bit curious about the city and people, as one of friend told me about the city and his horrible experience. So I was expecting the same. We started from the airport for the IIMC(“MANAGEMENT” for locals).Our cabs were waiting in the parking. I was welcomed in Calcutta by the crow’s shit as soon as I stepped out from the airport , hmmmm never mind. On the way we decided to had our dinner in city only as we were not very sure about the hostel food. What could be a better option than Haldiram’s for any north Indian in such city, we all were happy and were bit relaxed “this city is not that bad”, but it hardly took 10 mins to change our statements when we were served with Sāmbhar vada with lots of Sāmbhar poured on the vadas, grilled sandwich with no veggies inside and Raj cachori with nothing inside, just 2 spoons of curd and bhujia. But we all behaved so well nobody uttered a single word and just had the dinner. Then started for Management, city was a mess, congested streets, yellow taxis, poor people and those red patched streets( Paan peeks as Bengalis are very fond of pans).I was just watching and observing the city silently. I don’t know but deep inside I was so inquisitive about the city as if I was in some different country :D. I had heard lot about their culture and nature. The only thought which was flabbergasting my mind was how I am going to stay for 6 F****** days in this city with this humid.
Finally saw IIMC gate, heard some different voices in Bengali, “chola, kothaai, bhaalo etc”. I was worried about my hostel, as my friend told me about the Annex hostel(pathetic) .I just crossed my fingers, please god help me with this hostel part pls pls psl, guard told us, girls going to stay in “Ramanujanam” hostel and boys in “Annex” woohooooo… I was so happy. We were allotted single rooms , got the keys ,mine was Room no. H4/307 , entered the room it was okay neither too bad nor too good, one bed, one Elmira, one chair table and a small balcony. There was one jug for water with a glass and a all-out kept on the table, the time I saw all-out I visualized the mosquito fight J.Hmm I was so excited about the next day, off course the first day in campus. I locked my room and shifted my luggage to my sis’ room.
First day at IIM Cal, woke up early and we four were ready to bang, started with the breakfast, ahhh great relief the breakfast was so good, I just cannot believe I was having breakfast, God what the hell is happening to me !@#$%^&*????? Hmm maybe it was the weather. But never mind I was feeling so damn hungry , I took 4 slices of bread(with lots of butter n jam) and idli Sāmbhar and of course tea. It was not just me who was feeling hungry but all 4 of us observed our raising appetites.
After breakfast we landed to Auditorium,,wooffffff Audi was fully AC…felt like sleeping on the chair. The Audi was full of colorful jokers. Guys were just staring at every girl, Girls were so much busy into chit chat, studious and most irritating students in the whole sessions were busy in preparing the queries to be asked to the prof.God I am liking it ;) that was how my college classroom used to be. So the coordinator came and welcomed us and gave a brief introduction of the senior Prof. standing next to her. Lady with a different cool attitude which was actually making her visible different in the whole crowd. She was our coordinator and Prof. too, “Runa Sarkar”. She was so cuteeee. So we started with our session. And just after 15 min I asked other three, “let’s go it’s so boring”, and the voice came, “what????? Don’t tell me :D we are not going out, that too on the very first day and in that hot sunny day”. But after 30 min rest 3 also got bored and decided to go out. We just attended the first lecture and after the tea break we left the Audi and planned to go out. Wow I bunked the lecture, I was shocked, I never ever bunked a single lecture in my whole MCA session and now it was me who gave this idea.

We decided to go to the city to have fun, I went out and arranged a cab for us, we hired it in 200 bucks, that’s cheap. We were so keen for shopping in the city, as we heard about the leather and saaries of Calcutta. Cab guy suggested us the “New market”. He dropped us to new market, Damn this cannot be New Market, it’s too messy yuck!@#$.people were irritating. Somehow I managed to walk on the street and started looking for some good shopping stuff. And landed to a saari shop. That was the 1st and last shop we entered that day for saaries. We bought 3 saaries. And planned to go to kaali mandir and just don’t want to discuss that episode. It was very bad . Just came back to hostel, had dinner and went to bed.
2nd day was bit better than 1st day, in means of humid, rooms and people may be we were now getting settled in the IIM.Again had our breakfast and went to Auditorium, again over crowded, But must say sitting in Audi was a gr8 fun, no one asks you to concentrate, no questions at all, as it is very difficult to keep an eye on 300 students at the same time. We switched on our laptops and started chatting, played games, clicked photographs and chit chat. It was real fun. And after breakfast tea break was my favorite, those 15 min were awesome. 2nd day also we planned to go out to the city for shopping. But surprisingly it was lot more better than the 1st day shopping. We shopped a lot that day,saaries,kurtas,leather bags wohooo I m loving it . Came back to hostel and went for a long walk in the campus. Campus had 2 water bodies, lots of coconut trees and greenery. It was awesome. After coming from such a messy and congested city seeing that campus beauty was such a relief for the eyes and mind. Everyone was walking on the campus roads. By now people were divided into groups, some groups were playing cricket , some were busy with gossiping and some were busy in eating. We 4 were busy with our photo shoots :D. can you believe this we clicked more than 500 pics in just 5 days :O. nobody among four of us was willing to study or attend lectures seriously, By now we all prepared our minds for fun and masti but no studies.

Now we started getting bored from the city so decided to stay in campus for rest 3 days, we were all set with our laptops, mobiles and notebooks to play games :D :D :D. we spent whole day in Audi from 9 to 6 wow, without getting bored or feeling sleepy. It was real fun,njyd a lot in last 3 days.
On the last day we 4 decided to wear IIM Cal t-shirts, wow we were all in white t-shirts and rest were in black. We 4 were so prominent in class, everybody came to us asking, “from where did you buy the t-shirts?”, “you guys got them stitched?” and all… wow we never expected so many compliments . We four were so happy and were feeling so different from the crowd. A photo shoot was arranged from IIM for the students. That was boring again, our personal photo shoots were far better than that.
Starting from registration, to lectures, making new friends, meeting someone with whom you were chatting since last one year, staying back in hostel, spending time with all the friends in and outside the campus, shopping and having breakfast, lunch and dinner together – everything is sailing in the heart. What looked like a plan of lecture series in the first week of April (the schedule of events sent by course coordinator) became a memory for the lifetime. Plans became memories, dreams were now realities, and milestone became a reason for celebration. Every one of us knew that we are just going to be together for 5 days only and so was trying to make the best use of all time what they had. Amazing! We had a real fun in those 5 days.
We just got the chance to relive our college life again in those 5 days and we left no reason to regret in our lives for not enjoying the college life.
City was not very good to be remembered, but those moments which we 4 shared (we 4 girls) in the hostel, Auditorium, Shopping, kaali mandir, Howrah bridge, Dinner in Park Street, Gaungly’s restaurant , FLURY’S, New market, METRO :D ,searching for a sunscreen with high SPF, Airport and last but not the least boys of our group.
I will always cherish this trip to IIM Cal. It was the best we could enjoy in that humid and hot weather. Must say the hangover of those 6 fun days going to stay for long.
it was like chetan 's novel which one never wishes to end. greatly written and expressed that I just started living into ur scene....
ReplyDeleteur blog is tellin me alot abt u than casual talkin....nice exp u had ....i added this to my wishlist too.....great indeed
pics r adding a different n nice flavour to ur blog n readers mind
ReplyDeletethnxxx dude :)
ReplyDeleteYes!
ReplyDeleteI know what you are talking about,
and you kind of blogged what I would have otherwise.
I can safely cut paste your content with just one change
EPGBM 03.
cheers!
Vasundhar
Sure Goahead dear...
ReplyDelete